Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Green Thumb?

Tonight I went to a Relief Society activity. It was all about plants and how to take of them. Let's just say I am in no way someone that does well at taking care of plants or anything in that category.
A girl that majored in horticulture gave a little lesson and then we planted out own plants and played bingo to try to win a spider plant. It's a plant that looks this.


Although mine looks a lot less full. I think it's just in it's beginning stages. I didn't feel like taking a picture of my plants so you get a google image. Sorry. Yes, I'm that lazy.
So we'll see how long it takes me to kill these plants. Right now I have 2 aloe plants (from our friends the Hart's) and now 2 more plants from tonight. I haven't managed to kill the aloe plants yet, but they've molded a little bit so apparently I'm watering them too much. So I didn't water them for about 3 weeks, maybe more, and they seem to look better now.

Also at the activity I mentioned that my dream calling would be to be in nursery. Lucky for me, someone that works in the nursery was there and was super excited about it because they just realigned the ward boundaries and they need help now. She said there were 20 kids this past Sunday so they need all the help they can get. So we'll see what happens with that. With my luck, I'll get in there and not enjoy it at all. Oh well, good birth control right? Just kidding...

In other news, I was flipping through channels tonight and I came across a "Real Housewives of..." episode. At least I think that's what it was. I didn't watch enough of it to really figure it out. Anyway, in of the women's interviews she said something that really struck me. She said,
"If the grass seems greener on the other side, you need to water your own grass, not buy a new house."
I'm sure that's been said by other people before, but it just caught my attention tonight. Very good quote. 
Just food for thought I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. :) And, I think you inherited my lack of a "green thumb," so to speak! As for the "grass is greener" quote: I like it.

    Your "black thumb" mom

    ReplyDelete