Thursday, September 8, 2011

These folks...

I've been thinking a lot about these 2 love  birds this past week. Mostly because they just got married and I am SO! excited for them, but also because every time I see them, I miss them. 
A. Lot.


Let me just say, it's about time they got married. They've been together/basically already married for over 5 years now. Just without the added benefits of actually being married.
There are so many memories with these two, and even more with just Emily.
When I was home for their wedding, I was going through all my old high school stuff so that I could bring it back to Idaho with me and I came across my high school yearbooks.
This is part of what you wrote junior year, Em.
"Thanks for all the times I vented to you about Austen! When I liked him & when I didn't."
That year was filled with so much (plays, New Years, Superbowl party, tanning appointments, and then Florida :)
Oh, Florida. Where you guys finally decided you wanted to be together-it only took you the entire year prior and then another month afterwards to make it official.
And now it's official for the rest of your lives :)

I wish I had more pictures of our memories, but these will have to do.

-Engaging in a TP war almost every weekend.
-Going dress shopping in Tacoma and writing down random quotes from that day. I wish we still had that list of quotes! -Most of them were from Emily-they usually were.
-And of course, no matter where we went, Austen was always there-Just one of the girls!

As I was sitting there watching the wedding, I'll admit, I was a little jealous of all the new people they had in their lives. I wish we would have stayed in better contact over the past few years :(
But, that is life sometimes.
I wish you two the best of luck in your new adventure! Marriage is definitely an adjustment, but one I'm sure you'll make effortlessly. I would offer you words of wisdom and advise on how to be successful,  but let's be honest, you two have basically got it all figured out. You've had years to figure it out :)
I love you both!! May your lives be full of love, faith, and family (emphasis on little Wiederspans, k?)
Congratulations Austen and Emily Wiederspan :)

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! their hitched!! she looks so pretty :) i liked seeing you guys and talking loud in gospel and doctrine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never posted anything on a blog before so I hope this works :) Leesa and Kevin thank you so much for making the trip to Bellingham for our wedding, it meant so much to have you there. You made my heart happy! And now thank you for your very sweet shout out on your blog :) we're honored to make the post! We miss you so much and think of you often- you and your friendship especially in high school comes up a lot in conversations! Seriously I'm so grateful because I feel blessed to have had such an amazing high school experience partly because of you Leesa! If you guys do end up back on WA be sure you let me know asap and then the fun can begin :) we can have couple dates but even better girlfriend dates :) love you, Em & Austen

    ReplyDelete