Sunday, May 8, 2011

My mama

There's nothing like a mother and there's definitely nothing like your own mother.
The women I'd like to think I knew before I came to this earth
The women that suffered through a Texas summer heat while pregnant with me
then suffered through 34 hours of labor with me and then had to have a C-section
only to be "rewarded" with a demon-like child who would scream for hours at a time
The woman who watched me dance and twirl through my early years
then helped me clean up my multiple injuries from running into things
The women who I often butted heads with especially in my teenage years
only to grow up and realize she really did know best in a lot of those situations
The women who has been by my side during my proudest moments and shared in that joy
yet has been there every step of the way during my darkest hours of despair
The woman who has always loved me and supported me in all my good decisions and kept quiet during a lot (not all, mind you) of my bad decisions
But has always loved me and prayed for me regardless.
Love you mom. Thank you for everything. I hope you have a happy mother's day!



2 comments:

  1. Dear sweet Leesa,
    Thank you Sooooooooo much for this "card." I've been having a really hard time this Mother's Day, and reading this has helped me more than you'll ever know. I love you, and am so proud and grateful to be your mother. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete