Friday, October 8, 2010

New Toy

Kevin and I have been looking at new computers to buy for quite a while now. Mine died forever ago (no more Toshiba's-lesson learned) but we really haven't found a great deal on one that we both liked. Since we're on different tracks for school, Fall semester is the only time we're in school at the same time throughout the entire year and only one computer (his) hasn't really been an issue until just a few days ago. We both needed to use the computer the same morning before our classes. We figured it out but it was a bit stressful when we realized we both needed it at the same time. You would think I would have been more productive the night before while he was at work and I had plenty of time to do my assignment since I only have 7 credits this semester (1 of which is just my internship. I got lucky enough to be able to keep my current job for my internship because it's a food establishment and fits into the classes I've already taken and I'm currently taking). Anyway, back to the computer fiasco. We went down to Idaho Falls on Wednesday evening to deposit our pay checks and decided to stop by Best Buy just to compare brands, styles, etc again. We found an Asus which we liked a lot, but it wasn't on sale anymore like it was last week....bummer. I had never even heard of Asus before a few months ago when we started looking at computers. Kevin's sister Amanda got one and she works at Best Buy, so we figured it was a quality brand. One of the salesmen told us that Asus makes a lot of the internal parts for other companies, but they just recently started to put the complete package together themselves. We figured if we were going to spend the money on a non-sale price of an Asus, we'd rather spend a bit more on a Sony. We got online to compare different computers on their website. We found 2 Sony Vaios (one black and one white). They were the exact same in almost every way. The black one was a bit better in one way which I would have no idea how to explain (I don't understand computer talk whatsoever). However the white version was $50 more than the black one. However, when you changed the color preference of the black one to white, it jumped up $50 as well. The same for changing the white one to black (it dropped the price by $50). Sneaky Sony. We decided to get the original black one which was cheaper online than the one they had in the store. They gave us the online price for the instore computer. Also, we decided to get the accidental coverage on it which includes any damage (except full water submersion-apparently some idiots like to type while they're in the bathtub) for 2 years! So anytime within two years, anything goes with it, or I break it in anyway (which, let's face it, would be a miracle if it didn't happen), I get a brand new computer for FREE!!!
So, we are now the proud owners of a brand new Sony Vaio and we LOVE IT!!!

Hope you all followed that story. I know, it was long and sporadic :)

This is little Sony.

2 comments: