Monday, January 24, 2011

I finally got "My little ponies"!!!!!!



I woke up on Sunday morning and there was a bag with 2 of these amazingly fun toys in it!! I never had them when I was little, so I was beyond excited! Kevin's co-workers had put the little bag together with a card as well. Thanks to Cindy for being the ring-leader! And all the other McDonald's crew that signed my card :) I just wish it was under different circumstances.

So here's the story...

Saturday mornings I open by myself at work. So I get there at 6 am and usually don't leave until about 4 pm. Whoever opens in the morning is responsible for cutting all of the vegetables for the day and about half of the meat (the closer cuts the other half when they come in the afternoon). So I get all the vegetables ready to cut. It's only 6:10 at this point, and on the first cucumber I am cutting, I cut a little more than the cucumber on something that looks very similar to this monster.
It's really not as mean as it looks. I promise.


And now my right thumb looks like this...


Don't worry, all you healthy germ-a-phobes! I cleaned off the slicer and found the missing part of my finger and threw it away, so there was no trace of any blood or any thing else like that on the slicer or the food. However, you can imagine how much this bad boy would bleed. Like 4 hours worth! (Which may have had something to do with the baby aspirin I take every day. Stupid thin blood). I had it all wrapped up with gauze, band-aids, even paper towels, but eventually it seemed to bleed through all of those. And yes, since no one was there with me, I still stayed and worked until about 3:30. I was a little behind since I pretty much didn't have use of my right hand, but I eventually got everything done with the help of my coworkers when the showed up at 10 and 10:30. 

So I went to the community care here in Rexburg and pretty much all they could do was clean it up and bandage it. No stitches since there really isn't anything to stitch up, as you can tell. I did have to get a Tetanus shot, which made my arm sore for the good part of Sunday. They threatened to cauterize it. I had no idea what that meant, but when Kevin explained it to me, I almost had a heart attack. They pretty much burn the wound so it kills the infection. I think I would have passed out. Or cried. Luckily they didn't need to do that so I'm not in a terrible amount of pain from the cut on top of having a BURN!! But give me some Ibuprofen and I am feeling good! Well of course with the exception  of the non-use of my right thumb.

So that's how my day went on Saturday. Fun stuff, I know. And that's about it!

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I had NO IDEA that you ever wanted My Little Ponies as a child! Second (and this is the protective mom in me), I hope no "creepers" read your blog and know that you are ever alone in the store! Third, I love you, and am glad it wasn't any worse than it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so gross!! Did you cry!? I would have bawled my eyes out and called my manager and freaked out and taken the week off lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awful! Get better and don't try and slice any of you off any more! Kevin needs you :P! Oh and I'd miss you too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW UR THUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    my sister better not eat a jimmy johns sandwich and find your thumb lol LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, don't worry I keep the doors locked while I'm there.

    B, if I had done that I totally would have gotten fired for sure. In fact, because I wasn't done with all my opening stuff by 10:30, I didn't get my pay raise that I should have gotten weeks ago anyway. I'm sorry I cut part of my finger off and was a little behind. My bad. Yeah, I'm a little bitter.

    Frances, I have been extra careful not to cut any more body parts off so hopefully I will be ok.

    Jill, I'm pretty sure I've never even seen your sister come into Jimmy John's. But if she does, I promise she will have a thumb-free sandwich.

    ReplyDelete