Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day

Last night we celebrated Valentines Day since Kevin is leaving tomorrow. I worked from 6-4 (well I really got out of there around 4:20). Kevin had the day off so he decided to stay up the whole night before playing Halo Reach with a bunch of people from work. So he got home about the time that I woke up at 5:30 and then he went back. Apparently I'm a cool wife because I let my husband stay out all night playing video games. However, since I went to be at 10 the night before, it really didn't make a difference to me where he went once he got off work at 2 am. Of course that freedom comes with limitations haha.
Anyway, we finally got out of the apartment around 6ish and went to dinner at Ying Yang Oriental Kitchen. Real authentic oriental food. So good! Our next door neighbor works there and he's the only white guy in the kitchen so it's pretty funny to see him working there. The guy that owns the restaurant has an amazing story. Ask me if you wanna know.


Then we went to Coldstone and got these bad boys.
Chocolate Lava Meltdown
(Mine)
No Fair Funnel Cake
(Kevin's)

They were pretty good.  My chocolate was kind of bitter and Kevin's strawberries were still frozen, but other than that they were delicious.

Then we went ice skating at the ice rink here on campus. I only fell once so I was pretty impressed with myself :) Although in my defense, that ice has definitely seen better days. It was full of holes and I'm sure they've never used a zamboni on it.

Of course we forgot the camera (big surprise there) but you get the jist of what we did. Definitely a fun date.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like such a fun day!!!!!
    glad you guys had some couples time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...the pics of what you ate at Coldstone remind me of the two of you. Still full of mounds of "syrupy" love for each other! Love you both. :)

    ReplyDelete