Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life...or lack of having one

Kevin is playing Halo right now. I am bored.
Obviously.

Nothing really exciting is going on in our lives recently. I'm been working 30 some hours every week and taking 14 credits. I have no idea how I am even staying afloat. Luckily (or unluckily) a lot of my classes are just busy work.
Is unluckily even a word?
I have A's in all my classes except one. That's Personal Health and Wellness. I have a B+ which isn't bad,  I just really don't have the time, energy, or remember that I need to go exercise 4 times a week. Oh well. I figured out that if I get all A's this semester, it really doesn't effect my GPA at all. Likewise if I get all C's. So I'm really not too concerned.

Michael (Kevin's brother) comes home from his mission in about a week and a half. I've met the kid once. And it was only for about an hour I think. It was right after we got married and we were on our way down to Disneyland. We stopped by and surprised him for his birthday because he is in California. So it should be interesting to see the different family interactions with him home too because I've never known their family with him there. We shall see.
Brian, Shaune, and Nick are all in Utah right now, on their way to move from Alaska to Las Vegas area. It will be nice to have them closer. Especially once baby #2 arrives.

Kelly is due in 3 days I think. I'm sad we can't be there for the birth, but  that's life. Hopefully I'll at least be able to make it home for Kelli's graduation and be able to see Dillan then.

I feel like we're one of the old couples in our ward. We go to church and regardless of what part of the semester it is, there always seems to be a couple that  says, "We just got married last week!"
Seriously? It's March! Couldn't you have waited 5 more weeks and gotten married after the semester? Oh well, to each his own I guess.
After being married a year and half, people look at you like in 1 of these ways.
1)  You're still in school? How young were you when you got married?
2) Wow, you've been married a long time!
or my personal favorite (sense the sarcasm, please)
3) You've been married a year and a half and you don't have any kids? I'm 18 and we've only been married 9 months and we just had our first!"
Sometimes I just want to say "Congratulations, I'm actually going to finish my degree."
Now, that is harsh, I know, but it seems like once you've been married for a year or more, you're almost expected to have a child in these student married wards. Kind of annoying. Again-to each his (or her) own. I'm not trying to judge anyone who is young with a child very shortly after they were married. If your situation allowed it, then by all means, have a baby. But just don't expect everyone to make those same decisions as you, OK? :) Especially when you don't know the whole story.

That was a rant that I didn't intentionally start out to write, just was something on my mind today and tonight.
I even got a nap today, so I'm not grumpy or anything. Maybe I just need some chocolate. Yes, chocolate sounds yummy. Plus, Kevin is still playing Halo, so I have nothing else to do now. Especially since I've gotten caught up on everyone else's blog and then other people that I don't even know. Everyone does that though. At least that's what I keep telling myself :)
Chocolate time. Peace out girl scout. I wish we had some girl scout cookies. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. The funniest part of reading this post is that, when I got to the end where you mentioned the GS cookies, and I was actually eating a thin mint as I read it! LOL!!! And, tell Kevin to quit playing, (ah hem), violent video games and spend time with you! Love you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leesa,
    I TOTALLY AGREE.

    nate and I have been married for 2 years and 3 months. I SWEAR if I even say "I am sick" people are LIKE 'PREGNANT?????' LOL nooooo people!!! we aren't always trying to have kids!!! AND i wanted to get through school first. It is frustrating. But at the end of the day, we will have kids, but we had some time as NEWLY weds to enjoy each other, and not go straight to changing daipers.

    and i love you, and everyone doesn't know everyones situation so chill people LOL

    to each its own.. so true

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you dear! I may not be married, but having a baby 9 months after being married is nuts. I actually know someone who is pregnant and just got married the end of december. Talk about honeymoon baby!

    Also, being on that knows your situation... I'd like to go up to some of those inconsiderate people and slap them. Yes, it's a commandment to multiply and replenish the earth, but you and Kevin need time just the two of you! Plus, I love coming up there to see you two!

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete