Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally a post

Prepare yourselves…this is a long one.
After the constant nagging of my mother, I decided to get caught up on our blog. Yes, I realize it’s been 3 months. And let me tell you, it has probably been the most eventful 3 months since we were married. Although it has dragged on for sure. I'm ready for the next 3 months to be over already.
I’ll try and make it short and sweet and a condensed version of what could be a novel I’m sure. No promises though. Feel free to break it up into 2...or 3 readings.

Leesa
Finished student teaching!! I completed it at kevin’s old high school with a GREAT teacher! I’ve heard so many horror stories about people’s cooperating teachers being absolute nightmares and I am so grateful that I got along so well with mine. College is officially behind me. Until possibly a masters eventually.
And I finished with a 3.598 (I round to 3.6!) GPA. Not too shabby for being married and working ffor 3 or the 5 years. I don’t care what anybody says, your grades DO NOT improve a ton after you’re married! That first semester after earned me my worst grades ever! Of course, it was the first time I ever worked in college, too. That was probably the real reason.
Received my diploma

And teaching certificate

Went to Utah a weekend for jessica’s reception/nicole’s baby shower
And then again after student teaching was done to pick up my dad at the airport, go to kelli’s concert and then dad and I drove home to Washington.
I spent a month doing nothing except hanging out with the cutest boy ever. Seriously he’s my little toy. And such a ladies man ;)

Kevin finished basic training in San Antonio, so I went down there for a visit the first weekend in may.

$1000 later, it was a very fun-filled, fantastic weekend. We even checked off Texas on our list of states to eat pizza in! (Every new state we’re in/visit we make sure we eat pizza there.) So far we have Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Idaho, Utah, Florida, and I’m pretty sure we got Wyoming while we were there. I’m not sure if we got Nevada. Guess we’ll just have to go back! The place we went was even featured on "Man vs. Food". It was so good! We even got a picture with Big Lou Jr.! Even if he didn't smile...



After a month of having nothing to do, I started subbing as a paraeducator. Way more chill than sub teaching and I happen to really enjoy it a lot.
School year ended so I’ve had a couple of days of having nothing to do again and I have no idea how I went a month with nothing to do. I am already completely bored out of my mind. Shout out to anyone who knows of jobs for the summer!

Kevin
Graduated from basic in May (barely missing honor grad-top 10% of graduates) and then went to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Aka Fort Lost-in-The-Woods, Misery.

We thought he would be there until the end of July, but he called after the first day of classes and told me that he won’t be done until August 27th. Cool. Apparently, the last month of school is what’s called “Uniques” and each branch splits up and does training that is unique to that branch. Right now he’s with Air Force, Army, Marines, and Navy I think as well.

Of course he’s doing well and getting high 90s on all of his tests. Such a smarty pants. He’s hoping to get “distinguished grad” which is the top graduate from each class. So we’ll see if that happens.
He’s made some great friends and from what I can tell is really enjoying it. Only 63 more days until he’s done! Whoo hoo! 9 weeks!
He might need to be there longer, however. He got a paper telling him he needs to go to the dentist and get clearance before we get stationed. I’m pretty sure it’s because he still has his wisdom teeth. Yes, 25 years old and still has them. I’m hoping they will clear him and he won’t need to get them out and he’s stuck there for a week longer. We’ll find out shortly though.
He’s had a sore throat for about a week so he went to the doctor today and they said they’re pretty sure he’s developed allergies. He was pretty upset about it. I have a hard time having TOO much sympathy for him since I’ve had allergies since I can remember. Our kids are screwed in the genes department.
He’s also been to the doctor before while there for a sore ankle that just wouldn’t go away. Since they run about 3 miles 3x per week, it was really starting to bother him. He was told he has tendinitis in his ankle. I, for one, had never heard of that but apparently he has it. But then his roommate went because he had a sore knee and it was pretty bad and the doctor told him he has tendinitis too. So I’m not quite sure whether either one of them really does.

The biggest news as of lately is that a few weeks ago, Kevin called me and told me that he got his assignment  papers that states where you’ll be going, and you sign the bottom of them saying that you’ll go. They said MISAWA JAPAN!!

I about died. I didn’t believe him for quite some time. We hadn’t even talked about Asia until he told me he put Japan on his “dream sheet”. Of course we get sent there. OF COURSE!!! I’m very slowly coming over to the excited part of being terrified. I would have much rather gone to Europe, but I guess it’s not much different either way. Don't really have a choice of whether we go or not, so here's to Japan!
That’s about it as far as an update goes. I didn't really keep my promise of keeping it short and sweet and if you’re still reading this, kudos. I probably wouldn't be still. I tried really hard to make it entertaining with pictures and such.

2 comments:

  1. Your "nagging (I only asked twice in the last 3 months for you to write) mother" thanks you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol jill thanks you too... i wish you blogged more!! arggg

    ReplyDelete