Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date

Ok so this may seem lame, but the first date that Kevin and I went on probably was the best one I had ever been on. He didn't even actually ask me, either. His best friend who dated my roommate actually mentioned something about a double date before Kevin had ever said anything. So I text him and said something to the effect of "what if I have plans on Tuesday because I didn't know I was going on a date?" He responded back with "do you? oh well". And that was pretty much the way he asked. I like to think he was just nervous ;) haha yeah, right. Anyway, I got to ride down to Idaho Falls with Tanae (my roommate), and Steve (Kevin's best friend) to meet Kevin at Red Robin (yum) and he drove up from Blackfoot because he was off track that semester. Luckily the ride down wasn't too awkward because I was definitely the third wheel.

Dinner was so good, the boys made fun of us because we were both too young to eat at the bar so we HAD to sit at a regular table. Poor them. (I have since asked Kevin multiple times if we can eat at the bar and he never says yes).

Then we went and walked around Toys-R-Us and played with all the random stuff that's there. Kevin and I actually did that again just the other week. It was just as much fun as the first time we did.
This is when we went bowling :)
Then we went skittle bowling. If you don't know what that is it's where you come up with certain ways of bowling (laying down on your stomach, wheel barrow style with your partner, hopping on one foot, spinning around 3 times before releasing the ball, etc.) and you assign each one to a specific color of skittle. Whichever color skittle you pull our of the box, you have to perform that task while you bowl. So much fun. Especially if you have the right people. While bowling, he put his arm around me, I got butterflies and it was the best :)
Then we just sat in his car and talked for over an hour until we had to go our separate ways. I always hated that.
We saw each other twice the next week, went to Utah for conference the next weekend where he kissed me for the first time :)  The next weekend we said I love you (well he said it, I said me too haha) At least I didn't just say thanks. A week after that we decided we wanted to get married, and 2 weeks after that, he surprised my by flying out to Washington and proposing, and 4 months later we were married :)
So that great first date led to the typical Mormon relationship, but it was the best relationship and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

2 comments: